Thank you for inviting us to review your need for funding from the Cops for Kids Charitable Foundation.
Since we receive numerous requests, we ask you to complete the application form carefully and thoroughly so we can give it the attention it deserves.
Applicants will be notified, regardless of outcome, within 8 - 10 weeks of receipt of application.
The Foundation provides grants to individuals whose needs meet the following criteria:
- Are under the age of 20;
- Are for the purpose of assisting children who have sustained serious trauma, illness or disability or have other needs which support from Cops for Kids may assist;
- Who reside in the area outlined as the BC R.C.M.P Southeast District jurisdiction;
- Whose family is in need of funding for expenses related to medical treatments and/or funds to purchase specialized equipment (other needs may also be considered)
- Who are not-for-profit only
The Foundation may also provide grants to second-party groups and organizations whose primary focus is the well being of the children who meet the above criteria.
- The Cops for Kids foundation requires each recipient to have established a trust account with a financial institution and have named at least two trustee for all cash grants. Trustee account set up details to be provided upon grant approval.
- For grants relating to the purchase of equipment a trust is not required however the recipient family will be required to pre-purchase the equipment and submit the invoice to Cops for Kids or arrange for the company where the equipment was purchased to invoice Cops for Kids directly. NOTE - please do not purchase equipment before talking to the grant coordinator to develop a purchase plan upon approval.
- Grant recipients must be residing within the BC South East District upon upon approval and dispersement of funds.
The Cops for Kids Charitable Foundation provides limited, short-term financial assistance for children in need and their families. All applications are reviewed for eligibility by the Cops for Kids Grants Committee which meets once a month to review all applications that have been received. Funding awards are based on numerous criteria including:
- The financial needs of the applicant
- The availability of grant monies held by the Foundation
- The level of demand for funds at a given time
The Foundation does not support funding for the following:
- Items or services already covered under existing provincial Healthcare or private insurance programs
- Vehicle purchase
- Normal living expenses including food, rent/mortgage and taxes
- International travel expenses
- Medical referral fees
- Medical specialist fees
Once an application has been approved the applicant family will be contacted by a representative of the Foundation and arrangements will be made to transfer funds to the recipient as soon as possible.
Please Note - The funding limit to any individual in a twelve month period is limited to $5000 unless the initial application was approved for an amount above $5000 by the Cops for Kids Board of Directors.
Click here to access our on-line grant request form .