Firstly, thank you for considering making a donation to Cops for Kids. We are a registered charitable foundation and our Registered Charity Number is: 884571910 RR0001.

You can donate personally or if you’re looking for a great gift idea consider donating on behalf of a friend or family member. You can even purchase a gift card so that your loved one can donate on their own!

When a donor makes an “outright gift” of cash or property to Cops for Kids, your funds go to work immediately to assist children in crisis in the South East District of British Columbia. Our area encompasses from Lytton to the Alberta border and from Clinton to the US border.

We can accept:

  • Cash
  • Cheque or Money Order
  • Payments on Credit Card
  • Pre-Authorized Contributions (PAC), usually paid monthly
  • Publicly Traded Securities (including segregated and mutual fund units)
  • Planned giving plans – life insurance, donations in memory, estates

To donate online, click here!

Benefits of using to donate include:

  • Donation receipt for the full amount of gift – if completed online you will receive an instant tax receipt
  • Straightforward, easy-to-understand transactions
  • Significant tax benefits depending on assets gifted
  • Ability to budget your donations monthly automatically
  • Watching smiles on children as we strive to make a difference in their lives!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Is an outright gift always made in cash?

A: Not necessarily, but a cash contribution – paid by cheque, money order or credit card – is the simplest way to give. Remember that a cheque or money order is considered to have been given on the day it was mailed, so a gift mailed late in December and received in January can still qualify for a donation receipt in the preceding tax year.

Q: What is the tax benefit of an outright cash gift?

A: Because a donor receives a donation tax credit for their gift, it is worth more than its actual cost. Refer to CRA website for further information by clicking here.

Q: What other kinds of property can a donor contribute?

A: Non-cash assets such as publicly listed securities, real estate, artworks and other tangibles are also suitable as outright gifts and may be especially suitable if the property’s practical worth is less than its market value or it does not fit the donor’s investment objectives. In any case, donors are entitled to a donation receipt for the fair market value of the property contributed.

Q: Who can donate?

A: Everyone can make a difference!

NOTE TO READER: The purpose of this publication is to provide general information, not to render legal advice. In addition any changes in the tax structure may affect the examples listed in this information. Please refer to CRA website or your tax advisor for the program that best suits your personal situation.